(urth) Calde of the Long Sun

Paul B pb.stuff at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 17:53:29 PST 2009

Knowing Typhon (booby-trapped giant golden ring on a giant mountain carved
in his likeness) he'd keep a close watch on the one single embryo his
digital facsimile was intended to inhabit someday, placing it under tighter
security than most of the stuff in Mainframe.  Typhon seems like a pretty
vain guy in BotNS.  Those who would suggest that Silk was his intended body
should figure out a way to account for how this embryo, likely the most
treasured object on the Whorl, fell into the grubby hands of the cargo.

Conversely, the embryos in the landers also seem to possess special powers
(Mucor, Pig, Mora) at least in some cases, but aren't particularly well
guarded.

As for the existence of other physical Silks, that seems implausible given
the details of Horn's search for one in Short Sun.

Paul