(urth) Fantasy Casting Thread

John Smith jsmith2627 at att.net
Wed Jan 14 17:22:41 PST 2009

--- On Wed, 1/14/09, Son of Witz <sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org> wrote:

> From: Son of Witz <sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org>
> Subject: Re: (urth) Fantasy Casting Thread
> Date: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 7:50 PM
> "fantasy casting" thread.
> into the roles of BotNS. Since my
> (*shudder*) I've been casting
> others would think, though it

Character	  Actor
===========       =======
Severian	  Johnny Depp
Thecla	          Brooke Shields
Vodalus  	  Warren Beatty
Thea    	  Liv Tyler
Baldanders	  John Goodman
Dr. Talos	  Woody Allen
Agia	          Christina Ricci
Dorcas	          Mary-kate Olsen
Jolenta	          Pamela Anderson
Hethor	          Christopher Walken
Master Gurloes    Gene Hackman
Master Palemon	  Clint Eastwood
Master Malrubius  Alec Guinness
The Autarch	  Leslie Jordan
Jonas  	          Steven Wright
Juturna	          Rosie O'Donnell
Abaia	          Rush Limbaugh

Reasons for some of the lesser-known actors:

1.  Christina Ricci played Wednesday Addams in the Addams Family movies.   For her ability to play Agia, I submit "The Opposite of Sex"  and "Black Snake Moan."

2.  Leslie Jordan had the role of Beverley Leslie, a small effeminate man, on the show "Will and Grace."    He looked exactly like how I had pictured the Autarch in my mind.

3.  Stephen Wright is a comedian with a dead-pan delivery.

Best wishes,

Jack