(urth) Calde of the Long Sun and Learning to Read Wolfe

Paul B pb.stuff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 10:26:46 PST 2009

I found what he was writing in "Nightside", p 252, which suggests he
actually didn't.

"There is a movement to restore the Charter ...  Thus far it seems confined
to the lower orders.  The watchword 'Silk for calde' is written on walls,
although not" (it was a guess , but Crane felt confident of his ground) "on
the Palatine.  I am in contact with him and am gaining his trust.  I have
seen to it that he has an azoth.  This can be reported if it proves
necessary to destroy him."

If nothing else, Crane isn't aware of all the instances of "Silk for Calde"
and thinks they (and the movement itself) have origins with the commoners.
Also, he doesn't treat the movement as a planned diversion, but simply
states its existence.

Paul