(urth) Avern Duel Tee Shirt

Allan Anderson rubel at goosemoon.org
Fri Feb 13 11:45:50 PST 2009

Neat shirt! Aw, I saw that they were playing in SF not long ago and gave it a
miss due to baby-related schedule compression...but now I think I might have to
make sure I catch them next time.

On Fri Feb 13 10:19 , "Son of Witz"  sent:

>All right, I warned ya I'd be pimping this when the time was right.
>Finally, the band has their webstore up.
>
>http://www.orangetulipconspiracy.com/store.php
>
>My Monomachy illustration of the Avern Duel, for the band Orange Tulip Conspiracy.
>
>Here's a much more detailed picture:
>http://www.butcherbaker.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/monomachy_otc_prev.jpg
>

>My intent was to make it look like a medieval woodcut. I don't go for today's
photoshoppy SF illustration, so I'm trying to keep it old school for The Book of
the New Sun illustrations I've been developing.  This is the first thing that is
actually a finished work of art. Of course, I have my qualms about some aspects,
but, hey, it is what it is, and it's printed...and available.

>The band is really good. The album is strong and their live set is killer. Check
out the mp3s and videos.  Those aware of Estradasphere or Secret Chiefs 3 should
take note, because they share players.