(urth) Quasi Christ?

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Wed Feb 11 04:44:16 PST 2009

Point taken.

Although, funnily enough, if we are wondering whether alien races/species can have crucificial theophanies---whether across a universe or across a succession of universes---then in fact it may be more relevant to ask whether a Heechee or a Puppeteer or a Neighbor can suffer on an analogue of the cross than whether it can think. Presumably both abilities are ideal, but the first is critical, no pun intended.

If we follow the Lumen Gentium, however, sapience may be more useful for an alien race that will never have its own theophany. (And this makes me think of the Hieros, who strike me far more as thinkers than feelers, as well as the various individuals I've called Powers.)

But this is for whoever is Pope at First Contact in 2150 AD to worry about.

Message: 5