(urth) Quasi Christ?

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Mon Feb 9 14:50:28 PST 2009

Well there's simply not a lot to go on, is there? Consider the central importance of Urth/Ushas to the whole Hierogrammatic Plan, and you can see that a one-size-fits-all Christ is a simpler theory than infinite ones, but as I explicitly commented, those aren't ruled out either. We just don't know.

As I said, we know absolutely nothing about the Cumaean and the being on Sirius. We know almost nothing about Abaia and Erebus. Is there more than one Tzadkiel? His son is another pseudo-Christ, but that's all we are told. Do you know of any sentient beings in TBotNS that are not singular? We know of 2 Hierodules for sure, maybe 3 but I don't think Apheta counts (not sure what she is).

The Neighbors are another matter, but we know almost as little about them.

Without knowing the histories of their societies, we don't know whether they have converted to Wolfean Catholicism or any other flavor, or indeed to anything we could call a religion. We don't know how aliens regard the Increate in general.

Keep in mind that I am specifically referring to alien *religion* and alien Messiahs. Someone else noted that CS Lewis considered multiple Christs to be kosher, so to speak, and Wolfe has touched on that approach elsewhere. But in TBotNS, not a word.

Message: 3