(urth) Wolfean theologies

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Thu Feb 5 07:41:43 PST 2009

Right. And for the Man vs Divine crux to really work, we do have to assume the concept of the OTC as Man + Divine, not just Man.

Severian is 99% just Man. And that 1% is plenty enough divinity.

Per my last post, I can now frame some concrete arguments as to why Severian does not even make it to the level of Arian christ. But I still think it's an interesting comparison (it eliminates the awkward SoG factor, for one thing).

He is Man only, and he is a Healer, but he is incomplete (or, plainly, ironic) in other ways. He is a Torturer, not tortured. He considers himself a poor student, not a Teacher, and that seems accurate. He is a King, but not a fisher of men. He is probably even more immoral, especially, than even he admits to being. And so on.

Message: 1