(urth) Wolfean theologies

Matthew King automatthew at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 20:24:16 PST 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 10:19 PM, Matthew King <automatthew at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 9:53 PM, Matthew Weber <palaeologos at gmail.com> wrote:
>> First off : clerical sexual abuse is not confined to the  RCC.  If it is
>> more prevalent in the Roman Church (which may or may not be true), it might
>> have more to do with the discipline of celibacy attracting men with
>> sexuality issues than it has with the difference between single or double
>> procession.
>
> Ephebophilia is quite far removed from pedophilia, and conflating them
> does no one any good.
>
> Matthew
> (Not RC, BTW, FWIW)

I should add that I'm not responding to the other Matthew, but to
those who attack the Roman Catholic church.  I'll go even farther than
he did and say that the discipline of celibacy is not at fault here,
but rather the positive and pronounced efforts of some American Roman
Catholic priests to recruit men afflicted with sexual attraction to
other men.  It is also hardly secret that many seminaries harass and
discourage men who do not play along.