(urth) Silk for calde blog: Wolfe thesis

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 17:43:04 PST 2009

> It's not which way your doxy swings, it's about the message before that.
> Protestants don't slice any material bits off of the Creed.

No, but they've redefined terms (you know, like "I believe ... in the Holy
Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church ...") to suit themselves. Too, they
tossed out bits of Scripture that didn't suit them and then set up the
unprecedented principle of "Sola Scriptura."

No: the Protestant "reformation" was a series of heresies.

Luther had a point. There were things that were wrong with the practice
(NOT the theology) of the Roman church. Had he been patient enough
to work within the Roman system, they might have been addressed
much sooner -- some of them were not properly addressed until the
second Vatican council, which might properly be seen as the Church's
response to the legitimate complaints of the Deformers.

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes