(urth) Silk for calde blog: Wolfe thesis

Matthew Weber palaeologos at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 16:45:47 PST 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 4:40 PM, Jeff Wilson <jwilson at io.com> wrote:

> > Not if you are, as I am, using the radical definition of the term
> > 'heterodox'.
>
> It's not which way your doxy swings, it's about the message before that.
> Protestants don't slice any material bits off of the Creed.

Depends on the Protestant.  I'm not sure that Anabaptists mean the same
thing that I do when I say that I acknowledge one baptism for the remission
of sins.

And there are non-magisterial Protestantisms that set personal experience
and opinion far above any credal or dogmatic formulation; Bishop John Shelby
Spong, Gretta Vosper, and Paul Tillich have all felt perfectly comfortable
in contesting or contradicting the historic creeds without violating the
canons of their respective church bodies.

--
Matt +

The Ides of March have come.
Julius Caesar (100-44 B.C.), From PLUTARCH, Lives, Caesar, sec. 63