(urth) Gene Wolfe's Politics

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Wed Apr 1 04:08:42 PDT 2009

I knew you would blatantly, simplemindedly, and yet disingenuously misinterpret. I was pointing out the "and everything pertaining thereunto." Vast black budgets, aggressive state secrecy, waste, corruption, influence-peddling, revolving doors, oligarchy, torture, pointless and illegal war. That's the main purpose of government? Even I don't think you believe that.

The ONLY purpose of government, obviously, is to spend taxes as the people (and their corporate overlords) see fit. Period. This alone has nearly infinite meanings. It means "regulate interstate commerce," for example. (Boring, I know.)

Your positioning of the military as the "main" purpose of government illustrates your infantile, pseudomasculine, and gun-obsessed worldview. Even Wolfe would see right through it.

Message: 2