(urth) PF as YA

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 08:59:43 PDT 2009

2009/4/20 "Fernando Q. Gouvêa" <fqgouvea at colby.edu>:
> I don't quite remember the rules, but isn't there some special provision for
> men who were married before becoming priests?

There have been a few exceptions granted for clergy from other denominations
converting and becoming priests, but that is very rare.

The relevant question here -- and it's one which I don't know the
answer to -- is,
"what if a widower becomes a priest and it turns out his wife isn't dead after
all?" My guess is that this would become an exception, because neither the
sacrament of matrimony nor that of holy orders can be "undone."

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes