(urth) Urth Digest, Vol 56, Issue 37

Jordon Flato jordonflato at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 11:09:02 PDT 2009

Having just read through both LS and SS, one of my favorite aspects, minor
though it may be, is that in LS we have Horns voice, which we think is Silk,
and in SS we have Silks voice, which we think is Horns.  They tell each
others stories, and the style of their narrative voice greatly affects the
telling.  There is something so resonant in this for me.  Just a brilliant
stroke.

I'm still on the fence about the Nettle/Vadsig/Hide voice of the Whorl
narrative in RttW.

Also, I guess in fact in LS we don't JUST have horns voice, but Nettle's
too.  Which makes here the only common narrative voice between the two
works.  (Holy spirit?)