(urth) PF as YA

Jonathan Goodwin joncgoodwin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 10:40:50 PDT 2009

I think by the time that he's writing his narrative, in America, as a
traditionalist priest, he is meant to be a wholly sympathetic
character by Wolfe. I do not find him so, for any number of reasons,
but my feeling is that Wolfe does intend him to be. I solicit other
reactions to this, from those of you who read the book and still care.

Also, about the wiki, while I have you on the horn here: The "Seven
American Nights" entry ends with the following line:

"It shows us that Americans could behave as horribly as the
third-world people they look down on, were the roles reversed. "

I know it's a wiki, etc.; but is that what whoever wrote it really meant to say?