(urth) Weekly blog links

James B. Jordan jbjordan4 at cox.net
Wed Apr 15 06:50:58 PDT 2009

At 12:44 AM 4/14/2009, you wrote:

> >> How many of you agree that the Wolfe of Fifth Head, Peace, New Sun,
> >> Endangered Species (partially), and Death of Dr. Island and OS and OS
> >> is not even recognizably the same author as that of Pirate Freedom, An
> >> Evil Guest, or the Short Sun? (Shared concerns, yes. The quality of
> >> execution, however, is more like that of a bad imitator.)

Remember that The Devil in a Forest is an earlier work, and also a
juvenile (as Pirate is for young adults). Also, remember that Wolfe
has always written transformative homages to other writers, and in a
lighter vein (as Evil Guest): I think of the early Big Fat Robot Nero
Wolfe detective stories. At the same time, I don't think a writer
nearing 80 is going to embark on a project as immense as the New Sun quartet.

Nutria

James B. Jordan
Director, Biblical Horizons
Box 1096