(urth) Gnosticism in BotNS

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Thu Apr 9 10:10:05 PDT 2009

> Zoroastrianism in the Western, true and original version is
> monotheistic. Zoroastrianism as believed in by Persians and Parsees
> is very much dualistic.

Not the Persians or the Parsees that I have talked to, or the ones who
maintain this webpage: http://tenets.zoroastrianism.com/qstns33.html

Excerpt:

To Zarathushtra, Ahura Mazda is "vispanam Datarem" = CREATOR OF ALL (G.Y.
44:7), and hence the sole and supreme master of ALL that exists.
Undoubtedly, MONOTHEISM is the first article of faith in the revelation of
Zarathushtra. The manifested creation is dualistic, but the Godhead is
monotheistic. All the sacred Zarathushtrian religious texts live, breathe
and preach the strictest monotheism. Ahura Mazda is described as the One
And Only Creator (‘Boon-e Stih’), the Lord Of All (‘Harveshp-Khuda’), the
End Of All (‘Frakhtan-teh’), the Cause Of All Causes (‘Jamag’), the
Causeless (‘A-chem’), Without Any Partner (‘Aekh-tan’), One Alone
(‘A-dui’), and the Master Of The Universe (‘Khudavand’).

In the religion of Zarathushtrian there is absolutely nothing which does
not unerringly refer back to Ahura Mazda. Everything that exists is a
CREATION of Ahura Mazda who stands solitary and supreme at the apex of the
universe. Even the angelic beings known as Yazatas, exalted though they
are, are but the creations of Ahura Mazda, directly owing to Him their
existence and power. At the start of every Niyaesh and Yasht addressed to
these divinities Ahura Mazda is remembered first in the dedicatory
formula: "Khshnaothra Ahurahe Mazdao!" = To the glory of Ahura Mazda! And
this is quickly followed up by: "Pa name Yazdan Ahuramazda Khodae awazuni,
gorje khoreh awazayad!" = I pray in the name of Yazdan, the Lord God Ahura
Mazda, the Beneficent; may His glory and His radiance be ever increased!
It is only after these introductory expressions of fidelity and devotion
to Ahura Mazda that the main body of the prayer addressed to the Yazata
concerned commences.

.