(urth) "Principlesofgovernaaance"GeneWW Wolllfe's Politics

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Thu Apr 2 13:07:58 PDT 2009

> it's true,
> Brunians basically told me: "I'm intellectually superior to you so go read
> these books before I'll discuss anything with you"

I did not.

I said 'I am familiar with the history of this subject, what has been said
by various people, how ideas have shifted over the years, what various
folks have thought good and bad and why and you are not. I also don't have
time, right now, to educate you although under other circumstances I might
be quite happy to do so. So, really, the quickest way for us to have a
worthwhile discussion about this is for you to do a day or two of intense
reading (I doubt all four works together are more than a thousand pages),
rather than me having to explain (for instance) that democracy,
historically, has not been thought of as a good thing at all.

If I didn't consider you at least my intellectual equal, I wouldn't think
that you were up to the task. I try to treat everyone as if they are my
intellectual equals, though at times, let me tell you, it is hard.

.