(urth) Rajan and Food

Brian Lovely brian at studiobl.com
Tue Apr 28 03:58:32 PDT 2009

He's a tree, he's a tree! Neighbors are trees, Inhumi are parasitic vines.
.or something.  Not sure what the Neighbor-version of Inhumi are-maybe the
vine with a face that is cut for Incanto's staff.  Except that seems so
quiescent.  You'd think the Neighbor-Inhumi would be a bit more active.  The
Inhumi are somehow about sacrifice and one race raising up another.  The
Neighbors infected humans with Inhumi to see what human-Inhumi would be
like.not sure where I'm going with this, but there's something here about
being willing to suffer for the betterment of the Inhumi.  So, a) the
crossbreed would be a "higher" being than the pure Inhumi, and b) you'd rid
yourself of them by being so passive.they'd take on your Christ-like
willingness to sacrifice yourself.

"James Wynn" crushtv at gmail.com wrote:

Granted, but when it is combined with the onset of ravenous hunger in the
Spring, we know more is going on here (incidentally, this is more of that
Tree-Neighbor connection that I still don't understand). I do not recall an
instance of LS Silk pretending to eat food set before him. He fasts, but
when there is not a lot of food available anyway, it is easy to be holy in
that way. Not the same thing as what happens in SS, I think.

--Brian Lovely