(urth) PF as YA

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 20 14:33:24 PDT 2009

--- On Mon, 4/20/09, Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <danldo at gmail.com> wrote:

> The relevant question here -- and it's one which I
> don't know the
> answer to -- is,
> "what if a widower becomes a priest and it turns out
> his wife isn't dead after
> all?" My guess is that this would become an exception,
> because neither the
> sacrament of matrimony nor that of holy orders can be
> "undone."

As I recall, there's such a thing as a conditional baptism.
You're making me wonder whether there's a conditional
ordination in cases where there's some doubt about whether
the wife is really dead.  Of course, if there's much
doubt, I imagine the widower couldn't be ordained, but
what about the case of a shipwreck or plane crash where
it's practically certain that no one survived, but no
bodies were recovered?

Getting back to /Pirate Freedom/, though, obviously
Chris isn't going to tell anyone in the 21st-century
Church about Novia.

Who here wishes Wolfe had included Chris's letter to
Bishop Scully resigning his post?

Jerry Friedman