(urth) PF as YA

"Fernando Q. Gouvêa" fqgouvea at colby.edu
Fri Apr 17 11:08:35 PDT 2009

That is my reading as well, though I think that we're also expected to
see that some of Chris's choices are pretty bad choices. The business at
the end about the vow of celibacy is a particularly discomforting one.

See my other comment about "YA". I'm not sure what that means any more.
But I still think the themes in PF are appropriate for young adults, and
especially young men. This seems to be a concern of Wolfe's. Our society
seems no longer interested in "manliness", but Wolfe is.

Fernando