(urth) Urth Digest, Vol 56, Issue 37

John Watkins john.watkins04 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 16:01:00 PDT 2009

I mostly agree with you, but I want to take some points in turn.

> This would mean nothing to me except when combined with the other stuff.
> Sure, you can individually dispense each of these in turn. Seawrack could
> not be as sure Horn was dead as she claimed. The Neighbor identifying
> himself as Horn could mean many things (even if the *Rajan* is Horn, it's
> not absolutely clear what it means). Horn's denial that he was on Green was
> to draw out Fava (then why tell the story?).

He told the story with the intent of the inhuma present revealing herself to
him.  The whole goal was to accurately describe Green so that the inhuma
would react with surprise to the fact that he had already been there.  He
strongly suspected Fava already and so watched her.  His intent was not to
reinforce the belief that he was a witch, and so he did not want to suggest
that he had had those adventures on Green.

Do you really think he had momentarily forgotten Horn's name?

> Silk is a an anorexic masochist.

Silk does fast, whether this makes him these things or not.  It's mentioned
at least twice in Nightside.

> Oh yeah, then there is the *Rajan* saying that he killed Hide and Hoof's
> father.

Not sure much can be made of this.  The entity known as "Horn" has ceased to
exist in any meaningful sense by the time that comment is made (unless he's
in Babbie, which the Rajan might not be aware of).