(urth) Urth Digest, Vol 56, Issue 37

Jordon Flato jordonflato at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 15:57:53 PDT 2009

I just have equally compelling arguments in my head for each of those
instances that point to other things, that's all.

It is a big book indeed.

And no, I'm not tweaking your ear about Oreb.  Maybe Wolfe didn't do as good
of a job in thinking about the inability to distinguish between alive and
dead birds as you, but to me, it seems ridiculous to posit a resurrected
Oreb.  By whom?  Is Silk Severian now, and Oreb Triskele?  Was Oreb Scylla
the entire time?  Can Mainframe gods ressurect dead animals?  What point
would ressurecting a character have when that character was just introduced.

If you could answer any of those questions (maybe you can) then I might
entertain the thought.  I can't think of possible expliantions for any of
them, though.