(urth) Urth Digest, Vol 56, Issue 37

Jordon Flato jordonflato at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 14:33:40 PDT 2009

Yeah, I note all of those points, and just don't find them compelling,
sorry.  We'll probably just see it differently.

I also just don't see how it adds anything to the thematic content, and to
me it also takes away from it, which is one of the tests I usually posit
Wolfe Textual theories against.

Again, don't mean you ain't right, just that I don't see it.

For instance, seeing someone unmoving at the bottom of a dimly lit pit from
30 feet, and assuming them dead, does not, to me, seem at all unusual.

And as for the neighbor saying "I am Horn" I can write more on that later.
That one line, if taken by itself, may indicate what you mean.  To me, you
then have to contort yourself into thematic pretzles to indicate how a
Neighbor giving permission to a neighbor (horn), is in any way thematically
or textually intersesting...to me.  What would the point of that be?  Oh,
hey, you may not know it yet, but you are a sleeper agent, and we'll get you
to agree to let us come back to this planet to visit, as a representative
of...*wink wink*...humanity!

Anyway, I'm really not trying to be dismissive.  I see your points, just
don't feel them in any way.

And Oreb was clearly faking it.  Not resurrecting. ;)