(urth) Weekly blog links

Jonathan Goodwin joncgoodwin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 22:44:38 PDT 2009

I thought I did in the post, but here it is again: I think the book
(and several others) rely on the author's well-earned reputation for
subtlety to mask or adorn what are essentially undeveloped
pot-boilers. The time-travel aspect of Pirate Freedom illustrates this
nicely, I think.

Dozois's introduction to FHC in _Modern Classics of Science Fiction_
(viewable via google books) might shed some additional
sociology-of-publishing light on this.