(urth) "Principlesofgovernaaance"GeneWolllfe's Politics

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Thu Apr 2 13:02:08 PDT 2009

> For someone who continually tries to intimate that they maintain a civil
> level of discourse on these matters, you nearly always come off as
> horribly condescending, brunians, truly.  I say this not to be rude, but
> to point out something that is patently obvious to most on this board, I
> think.  It's something to examine, I think.

Yeah, it's true.

Apparently it has something to do with my neurological architecture: I
have Asberger's syndrome or some other form of high functioning autism. It
gets in the way sometimes, sometimes I think it is sort of cool.

I am also plenty arrogant, make no mistake, and often have to remind
myself that I know almost nothing and am frequently wrong.

What I don't do is call people names, threaten people, or posture hostile
emotions at them - or if I do I acknowledge in advance that I am wrong to
do so, and if you point out a specific instance when I have done so I will
apologize. That's what I mean by maintaining a civil discourse, basically.

Socrates and Henry Mencken are among my literary heros. What can I say?

But enough about me.

.