(urth) Cornsilk (was: Re: second dream team)

Matthew Groves matthewalangroves at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 09:08:51 PDT 2008

 JEEZ!  How could I have missed this?!  My mind is presently boggling.

This also makes me think about the gender content of Vironese names.  (I
don't expect any of this is news to anyone...)  "Silk, as the protein fiber
produced by caterpillars is a masculine name; "silk" as cornflower stigmas
is feminine (doubly so, being both botanical in nature and also the flower's
female reproductive part).  Which makes me think of the dual
male/female nature of the Outsider.