(urth) OT: Anathem

Pedro Pereira domus_artemis at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 20 14:43:51 PDT 2008

He did die a few months back. As for playing D&D, I did but then moved on for "better" stuff.

Pedro

Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 13:53:37 -0400From: matthew.keeley.1 at gmail.comTo: urth at lists.urth.netSubject: Re: (urth) OT: Anathem

2008/9/20 Rjyan Kadwallader <cexwell at gmail.com>

I think I would let Gary slide, it's not cool to pick on D&D kids they have enough problems as it is.

And didn't he die a few months back?

As I understand (from reading Michael Moorcock's comments on this), early D&D was very upfront about the sources it used - apparently they used to cite Tolkien, Moorcock, Leiber, Vance, et al. in the guidebooks. Now - not so much.

I never played myself, but surely there are some "D&D kids" here? My parents were always suspicious of it, so it wasn't really an option for me. I got my watered-down fantasy through Japanese videogames, thank you very much.

-Matt