(urth) A second dream team: Mucor, Oreb, and Pike

Pedro Pereira domus_artemis at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 18 06:11:34 PDT 2008

Marc and James:

1) You're right. I remember now that when Scylla separates from Oreb in Red Sun Whorl he becomes more like a normal bird.

2) I still think that just by itself the theory that "real" ghosts cannot interact with physical objects is fleamsy (or whatever is the correct word in english). Although the physical body is dead they are still the spirit of a beying, just like in the case of astral projection, so its possible that in this "universe" ghosts can become more material. HornSilk is very clear on that point, if I remember correctly. When SilkHorn is at the tomb of Scylla it seems that both he and Hide tend to become less material unless they are interacting with the world, or so Hide tells us, for example. Anyway, this does not mean that both Marc and James are wrong on this point. I'm just pointing out that I think this is a weak argument just by itself.

I'd like to point out that I'm not averse to to the idea that astral travel can be done both in space and time in the books. Your arguments are pretty solid and I don't remember anything against it in the books. I was just pointing out some things for you to consider in your arguments and in one of them I was shown to be incorrect. The other one I'm not convinced but it doesn't contradict your ideas anyway.

I'll take the oportunity to put some questions of my own here, if you don't mind and could be so kind as to give me some imput:

1) I remember Horn mentioning the beast with three horns in IGJ. When did Horn get into Babbie?

2) I always thought that the Red Sun Scylla was the daughter of Typhon having become one of the sea monsters, maybe transforming itself like Baldanders is supposed to become and as is suggested for other creatures in BotNS. But in RttW we are shown that she died young (killed by Typhon for her revolt when still very young?) If that is the case, how did the Red Sun sea monster Scylla came about? It seems then that Typhon's daughter, as part of the plot against him, had as her main contact the sea monster Scylla instead and not that she became that same Scylla. When she was uploaded she could have chosen the name Scylla as a kind of nod to her "master". This seams to be more correct than. After all there seems to be some kind of connection between the sea monster Scylla from Red Sun and the "Mother" from Short Sun.

Pedro