(urth) New Wolfe Listing on Amazon

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Thu Sep 4 05:02:19 PDT 2008

brunians wrote:
> You don't think that there was at least occasional transatlantic contact?
> Seriously?
Wolfe once offered evidence for his theory in an interview
(http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2tmhh/wolfejbj.html):

If you read the anthropologists about the Indians they will tell you the
Indians did not have the wheel. But they did. The thing is that the only
wheel that they had was tiny little wheeled toys. A little animal on a
little platform and four wheels. Obviously they did not evolve the
wheel. They got it from somebody who had already evolved. And this
somebody could not put a cart or chariot aboard the ship. It took up too
much room. You could put a hundred little wheeled toys aboard the ship
and trade them. Right? Well the Indians had never seen anything, well,
gee that is neat. You can pull it along and it follows the kid around
and that is a nice trade item and you can carry hundreds of them aboard
your Phoenecian ship. And the Indians never got it any farther. They
were not able to look at the wheeled toy and say why we can't we make a
big one like that? They never took that step.