(urth) New Wolfe Listing on Amazon

Pedro Pereira domus_artemis at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 3 11:29:27 PDT 2008

I haven't read the Knight books (I'm not much into Arthurian kind of stuff), but I totally recomend the Soldier books. I was hopping that Sidon would take Latro to the fabled Egyptian Labirynth; unfortunately it didn't. There's a few things in the Soldier books that I think may be a bit wrong from a historical point of view though. Not really wrong, but questionable at least, but it's minor stuff.> Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 12:21:23 -0600> From: mfstraight at gmail.com> To: urth at lists.urth.net> Subject: Re: (urth) New Wolfe Listing on Amazon> > Well, I'll admit to being disappointed by Wolfe's recent short work.> I don't think there's a single story in Starwater Strains, Innocents> Aboard, or Strange Travelers that I like as much as I like most of the> stories in Endangered Species, Island of Doctor Death and Other> Stories and Other Stories, or Book of Days. (Storeys from the Old> Hotel is a mix of stories I love and stories I don't.)> > I'm not sure why. Too much horror and not enough science fiction?> I'd have to think about it some more. (And, I'll admit, it wouldn't> hurt to re-read some of the newer stuff.)> > On the other hand, I continue to love Wolfe's novels. Wizard Knight> and especially Soldier of Sidon are wonderful.> > Rostrum> > > On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:52 PM, Roy C. Lackey <rclackey at stic.net> wrote:> > I note that in these lists of named stories, those mentioned most often and> > indeed the majority of selections come from Wolfe's earliest collections.> > Not many stories from his last three collections are chosen, or even stories> > published in the last ten years or so. With a few exceptions, not many of> > these newer stories have even received much discussion around here. Now why> > should that be?> >> > -Roy> >> > _______________________________________________> > Urth Mailing List> > To post, write urth at urth.net> > Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net> >> _______________________________________________> Urth Mailing List> To post, write urth at urth.net> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net