(urth) second dream team

Pedro Pereira domus_artemis at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 22 16:14:11 PDT 2008

That can surely be Wolfe's intention. All I say is that it is not real science and the problem only exists when people want to justify it using real world biochemistry. Wolfe is basically using some biological rules but not really limiting it to the realm of plausibility.  Not that it takes any value from Wolfe's books at all, mind you. As I said, his books are more like Flash Gordon on intelectual steroids.

"Remember that at one point silk reflects that "we" are the vanished people."

Don't remember that. Can you quote?

Pedro> Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 16:04:50 -0700> From: marcaramini at yahoo.com> To: urth at urth.net> Subject: (urth) second dream team> > It seems to me that the special genetic nature of the possibly artificially created vanished gods is that they can eat and reassemble the genetic material of their victims as a sort of template like the alzabo. rather makes their children waste products, but that is perhaps not pertinent. I read the story as one in which a sentience arose somehow in this vegetative substrate and was contaminated and overthrown by the liana parasites, leeching the sentience from their host, as well as the ability to transmute themselves into a likeness of their food. Remember that at one point silk reflects that "we" are the vanished people.> > > > _______________________________________________> Urth Mailing List> To post, write urth at urth.net> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net