(urth) second dream team

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 13:46:42 PDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 1:23 PM, <brunians at brunians.org> wrote:

> So you are arguing that all life that is native to Urth is compatible _in
> the sense that we are talking about_?
>
> For instance, mollusks and vertebrates, here in this world, both have
> blood. The blood of vertebrates is based upon iron: the blood of mollusks
> is based upon copper. Are you saying that it is different on Urth, then?
> That the two kingdoms use the same kind of blood?
>
> If I understand you correctly, you are arguing that *this* World here does
> not have a creator.

That would be a very odd thing for me, as an adult convert to
Catholicism, to argue!

I will point out, to begin with, that at least some of those copper-blooded
mollusks are edible by iron-blooded humans. I don't particularly care for
them myself, but there it is. We couldn't accept a blood transfusion from
a lobster, but then I suspect it would be touch-and-go (at best) with blood
from a chimp.

I am not suggesting that the Briahverse's Creator made all life of
interchangeable parts. Rather, I am suggesting that He made it
sufficiently "compatible" that life from one world can eat at least
some of the life from another.

Thus, for example, the Alzabo...

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes, writer, trainer, bon vivant
-----

I once absend-mindedly ordered Three Mile Island dressing in a restaurant
and, with great presence of mind, they brought Thousand Island Dressing and
a bottle of chili sauce. -- T. Pratchett