(urth) Urth Digest, Vol 50, Issue 41

Dan autarch at cox.net
Sat Oct 25 09:08:44 PDT 2008

At 02:48 AM 10/25/2008, Mr Thalassocrat wrote:

>Message: 4
>Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 18:18:43 +1030
>From: "Mr Thalassocrat" <thalassocrat08 at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: (urth) Cassie's Mobile Home (AEG spoilers)
>

>Thanks for digging up all of that and putting it together. I'm not totally
>convinced that Cassie's apartment changes. She actually does have a balcony
>to start off with (p76, down the bottom). It doesn't have to be a
>particularly deluxe building to have a doorman. In my experience, generally
>visitors who know which apartment they are going to don't get stopped by
>doormen, but somebody in a chauffeur's uniform might well be, and of course
>the driver might simply have asked the doorman which apartment Cassie was
>in. I don't see any particular inconsistencies in the references to parking
>difficulties etc etc. The only really telling points are the reference to
>"five floors below", and the "East Arbor" reference by the assassin. These
>*might* just be typos.

I've learned my lesson long ago about Gene's "typos" and "printing errors."
"And then I entered the room" springs to mind...

>I wonder if Cassie is hoping Gid can bring Bill back to life, at the end. I
>think she's hoping he can bring back her mojo, but maybe that as well.

I was thinking about this last night. In the next to last paragraph she
seems to have this in mind "when the sun was just a sparkle" as she was
hopping to Woldercan. Then, either Gid couldn't help her or wouldn't in the
way she wanted. She left the galaxy, perhaps trying to find some place
where the laws of physics would allow her to bring Wally back.

Dan