(urth) Fuligin in illustration

Adam Thornton adam at io.com
Fri Oct 24 10:28:21 PDT 2008

On Oct 24, 2008, at 11:44 AM, Son of Witz wrote:

>> I may be mistaken, but I seem to remember that there was some red
>> embroidery on the cloack? Or was that on only on the mask?
>
> I missed that if so.

I imagine the lining as red, but that might be from one cover or
another.  I never imagined the exterior as ornamented.

For some reason "red embroidery on the cloak" makes me think of a
mechanic's shirt, with "Leonard" or whatever stitched above the
pocket.  I love the idea of "Severian" being stitched on the cloak.
Maybe it's like a bowling league shirt, with "Citadel Pin-Pushers" and
the logo (a rose, a fountain, a bowling pin?) on the back?  I need a
weekend.

Adam