(urth) symbolism: Avern

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Mon Oct 13 11:51:55 PDT 2008

Thanks for that Mathew. great interview. very helpful
The bit about the Big Gnab has personal significance to me. I've always believed that the big bang and big gnab were the same event, viewed from different sides. I've always expected the change from the age of Iron back to the Age of Gold to be something on this level of cataclysm.
I'm very interested, also, in this area where science and mysticism meet.
Take the Sephiroth of the Kaballah, there are 11 Sephiroth (if you count the occulted one) and contemporary String Theory with it's 11 dimensions.
I'm neither a physicist or a kaballist, but it seems to have some synchronicity there.

This idea of a succession of universes was, to my first reading, the impetus behind the need for the heirogrammites to help restore Urth. Unless I'm remembering wrong it was so that their universe would eventually go through a similar Apocatastasis process, and require Ushas to help (re) create it.  That was all somewhat foggy to me on the first read though. But this quote does seem to touch on that, and could be an answer to the recent "what's so great about Ushas" thread.