(urth) stories in Best of Gene Wolfe

Nigel Price nigelaprice at talktalk.net
Sat Oct 11 04:02:07 PDT 2008

Thank you, Don, for the list of contents. That looks like a good selection,
for all that I'd argue for the inclusion of some other stories too.

The odd thing reading the list is that while some stories leap instantly to
mind, I'd almost forgotten others. I wonder whether the decision to go with
mostly early stories was dictated by criteria of quality or publishing
commonsense? After all, the anthologies with the older stories are harder to
get while the more recent anthologies are still relatively fresh on the
shelves. Among other things, an anthology like this is a handy way of
reviving the back catalogue.

Nigel