(urth) SPOILER (Was: Re: Bit of Wolfe news)

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Fri Oct 10 09:11:13 PDT 2008

> On Oct 10, 2008, at 10:24 AM, aaron wrote:
>
>> "I'd written 'Memorare,' laid in a world in which a low-cost star
>> drive had been discovered in the near future, and I wanted to set
>> another story there," Wolfe said in an interview.
>
> A-HA!
>
> Now I need to go back through _EG_ and see if I can find the passage
> that made me jump and say "Wait, isn't that 'Memorare'?"  because
> there *was* one.

The play Cassie is in at the beginning of the book is called "The Red
Spot" and two of the other characters in the play are talking about taking
their vacation in the moons of Jupiter, which is presented as a risky kind
of a thing to do.

'Memorare' takes place in Jupiter's system or Saturn's? I misremember.

.