(urth) To Serve Man in Woldercan -- SPOILERS

"Fernando Q. Gouvêa" fqgouvea at colby.edu
Sat Oct 4 11:53:34 PDT 2008

Matthew Keeley wrote:

> Re: Takanga group: Well, Wolfe does go to great lengths to set out a
> geographical location for it (near Australia), but it does seem rather
> otherworldly, and I suppose Cthulhu could mess about with space-time a
> bit. And the Navy can sail there - perhaps it's a bit like the Bermuda
> Triangle?

There is an island near New Zealand called Takangaroa... From the
Wikipedia entry, one guesses that Takanga might be Maori for "net".

Fernando

Fernando Q. Gouvea
Carter Professor of Mathematics
Colby College                     Editor, MAA FOCUS
5836 Mayflower Hill               Editor, MAA Reviews
Waterville, ME 04901              http://mathdl.maa.org/mathDL/19/
http://www.colby.edu/~fqgouvea

Q: How did you get into artificial intelligence?
A: Seemed logical -- I didn't have any real intelligence.