(urth) stories in Best of Gene Wolfe

aaron aaronsingleton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 07:43:01 PDT 2008

I would rather have seen Eyebem and The Changeling than On the Train and
Parkroads, but that's just my taste.  Don't get me wrong, I can see the
appeal of both stories, but just don't feel they are among Wolfe's best.  It
could be as you say that Wolfe considers On the Train to be good because it
appeared in the New Yorker.  I also miss A Solar Labyrinth and Silhouette.
Oh well.  I suppose the stories were not only chosen because they are his
best, but because they show Wolfe's range and diversity.

-Aaron