(urth) WindyCon 35

Matthew Keeley matthew.keeley.1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 17:54:58 PDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 7:49 PM,  <brunians at brunians.org> wrote:
> I've done that twice.
>
> I am considering buying a convention ticket, a train ticket and a hotel
> room this time.
>
> It would not be a sensible thing for me to do right now.

Well then, I share your folly in spirit.

I have nothing even approaching disposable income until I graduate and
get a job. Which should be easy in this economy...

I've only been to Chicago once. Became friends with a girl from
Barrington - then I started reading Wolfe, and found out that my
friend shared a town with Wolfe. Heck, I remember the great man even
mentioned her high school as "within walking distance" of his house in
one interview. I'm not really in touch with her anymore and as far as
I know she never read Wolfe. Shame.

-Matt, overly nostalgic