(urth) Another Latro in the Works

Joe Bushong-Taylor joebt01 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 16:29:18 PST 2008

I find myself rereading the Latro books for the sheer joy of the images and
characters in them.  I certainly hope we see another Latro book.  I do not
know of any comments from Wolfe that indicate that he has yet started work
on another one, but one would seem to be a possibility in the future.  In
his acceptance speech at the World Fantasy Convention in Saratoga Springs,
in 2007, when *Soldier of Sidon* won Best Novel, he said that *SoS* was
written largely because of requests from readers for more about Latro, and,
that these requests were already being made again post-*SoS*.  He indicated
that he would not ignore demand for one.  At least that is what my ears
heard...