(urth) giants and magic gems and dudes wearing all black

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Sat Nov 29 05:05:44 PST 2008

Jeff Wilson wrote:
> Yes - it would be unthinkable for him to write a graphic novel about
> characters and situations originally appearing in prose novels.

I suppose you're referring to Moore's "League of Extraordinary
Gentlemen," though I think he's doing something like he did in
"Watchmen" -- a deconstruction of the world of heroic pulp fiction by
putting all these characters into the same world and letting realistic
consequences flow from that. He's not trying to re-create those
characters exactly as they were in the novels, but to do something new
with them.