(urth) Severian / Christ / Logos / Apocatastasis

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Tue Nov 25 16:49:20 PST 2008

perhaps someone should pointed me to Attending Daedalus by Peter Wright.
I just skimmed a bit of it on Google Books, and he's making a thorough dismissal of the type of reading I'm suggesting here.
I'll have to read this book.

I'm guessing you've read it Craig?  the argument seems to be along the lines of your collapsing of priorities.

While I haven't grokked his argument, having only skimmed it, it would seem he's perhaps suggesting all of the mythic elements are just machination of the Heirogrammites, and are not divine in any sense.

again, I'm not sure of his argument, but if it boils down to that, I'd ask what do the Heirgrogrammites Heirodules symbolize if not Angels and Archangels or Djinn?  Are we to strip away the monomyth because the plot confines it to these sons of mankind engineering their own survival?

~witz