(urth) Severian / Christ / Logos / Apocatastasis

John Watkins john.watkins04 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 14:59:50 PST 2008

On 11/24/08, David Stockhoff <dstockhoff at verizon.net> wrote:

> The absence of resurrection and judgment are fairly critical, aren't they?
> I suppose that would be evidence for the argument for Severian as Christian,
> not Christ, figure ... in fact, as you note, he's got a little Noah in him
> too.

And there's no contradiction there.  It's pretty common for Christian
thinkers to try to find ways in which Old Testament figures "prefigure"
Christ.

Noah is typically held to prefigure Christ's relationship to the Church,
with the church corresponding to the ark.

Everyone inside is saved, no one outside is saved, get in while the
getting's good even if all the neighbors think you're crazy.