(urth) Shadow, Chapter X

John Watkins john.watkins04 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 10:52:08 PST 2008

Perhaps to head off the misunderstandings, we should say that Severian
is the emblem or sign of the Logos, rather than the Logos itself.

As for this:

> Furthermore, I don't really disagree about your notion of SevIncreate to SevConciliator in a personal sense, becuase as far as i can understand Christian symbolism (and Catholics of a non mystic bent usually tell me I'm wrong here, but some Orthodox say I'm right) is that Each One of US is the Child of God, and we are each crucified on the cross of Time (horizontal) and Eternity (vertical) and when Christ says 'no one comes to the father but through me'(sorry, paraphrasing) he means through the LOGOS, that which reconciles God and Man. Reconciliation is what a Conciliator does.

it's more or less correct.  I think the thing to stress is that each
human is akin to Christ's human nature, and suffering and death are
part of the nature of the human animal.  So it's not that Christianity
teaches that Each One of US is the Godhead, as Christ is, but that the
Godhead, in becoming Christ, condescended to share in a part of the
nature of Each One of US.