(urth) "Myfather's mounted guard"

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Wed Nov 19 03:38:45 PST 2008

Son of Witz wrote:

It's not my theory, it's Borski's, from Solar Labyrinth, and the text seems to support it. He's talking about before his unmanning. The text says she was born in the house absolute and destined to sit on the throne.

<snip>

In UotNS, it says that the old autarch was unmanned specifically so that
no child would stand in Sev's way to the throne. But in this version
Thecla would already be standing in the way.

I note that Thecla's destiny did come true, in an ironic sort of way.
She did sit on the throne -- in Severian.