(urth) "Myfather's mounted guard"

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Tue Nov 18 11:36:39 PST 2008

>From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes [mailto:danldo at gmail.com]

>Ummmm ... the Autarch supposedly has no children.

It's not my theory, it's Borski's, from Solar Labyrinth, and the text seems to support it. He's talking about before his unmanning. The text says she was born in the house absolute and destined to sit on the throne.  The Autarch's personal cat headed servants recognize her through Severian, why would that be if she's just some noble.  Can you find any text that supports that the Autarch did NOT have children.

I'm not arguing FOR his conclusion, just that it is very compelling and I've not yet seen a contradiction.  The date of the unmanning of Appian is probably crucial here. How much older is Thecla? How long back was Appian unmanned?