(urth) re silk is concr?te

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Thu Nov 6 16:19:34 PST 2008

>> thanks.
>> yeah, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum is one of my faves.
>> I've done some posters and ads, but no album covers.
>> A great Live band when they're not over indulging in their performance art aspect.
>> ~witz
>>

>I love those bands, too. Excellent to see your art!

Thanks.
regarding those bands, I'm very lucky to work with my some of my favorites.
It all started when I didn't like the teeshirts Estradasphere had at shows, so I drew one I liked better.  I told my wife, "wouldn't that be great if they wanted me to do their album cover?  Then maybe I could ask them to play our wedding as payment."  They never used that shirt design, but I've done 3 covers, several shirts, and they played our wedding. So I'm a strong believer in just putting yourself out there.

(I've started illustrating Book of the New Sun, though no one is asking me to.  Might as well shoot for Lune.)

~witz