(urth) making Wolfe-inspired music

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Thu Nov 6 14:33:11 PST 2008

>actually, i own a copy of it. i dont have tape-to-tape facilites but i
>might be able to whip up some hissy mp3s over the next couple of
>weeks....
>
>rob t

speaking of hissy mp3s...
Online I found the hissy mp3s of the SUN audio books (someone transferred them from tapes) and I joined them up into M3U files that have the Audiobook 'Resume' function.  I've thought about sending them back out to the internet, but I don't want to be accused of piracy.  I looked all over for legitimate copies to buy, but only found resellers who had it on CD, so obviously the original parties wouldn't have gotten any proceeds anyway.  So these are out of print, in an obsolete medium, and they sound pretty crappy. Nonetheless, I've enjoyed listening to them right behind my reading, so I'm getting a 3rd pass simultaneous to my second read. I find that since I know the scenes better, having just read them, I often get bigger insights when listening, because the mind is less actively engaged in the reading effort.

anyway, so what do you think? should I post em to rapidshare and share the links. I don't want Wolfe of Avers to be pissed at me.

Roy Avers' reading is pretty great, FWIW.

~witz