(urth) Silk is Calde!

Matthew Keeley matthew.keeley.1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 11:59:10 PST 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Son of Witz <sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org> wrote:

> One things for sure, (and no offense to you in particular Matt)
> we need to stop labeling ourselves as Conservative or Liberal.
> We as a people have so much common ground, we shouldn't let extremists get away with polarizing WE into US & THEM.  They pull us away from our commonality.
>
> Anyone, with ANY sense, is conservative about some things and liberal about others.

I think we're in agreement here - I'm generally fairly "conservative",
but I support quite a few "liberal" policies. I'm certainly not a
proponent of "my party, right or wrong". It's why I try and read
writers and thinker from both ends of the political spectrum - I feel
you end up closer to the truth. And last I checked, truth was
non-partisan.

I do tend to think that American politics as practiced today is
problematic: There are only two viable parties, so it becomes very
easy to split the country into red and blue, us and them, conservative
and liberal, etc.

-Matt